Many of au pairs who are wishing to go to China actually have no Chinese geographic sense. China is a big country, composes of hundreds of cities. In this series we will introduce you several popular cities for au pairs.
Shanghai is the largest Chinese city by population and the largest city proper by population in the world. It is one of the four direct-controlled municipalities of China, with a population of more than 24 million as of 2014. It is a global financial center, and a transport hub with the world’s busiest container port. Located in the Yangtze River Delta in East China, Shanghai sits on the south edge of the mouth of the Yangtze in the middle portion of the Chinese coast. The municipality borders the provinces of Jiangsu and Zhejiang to the north, south and west, and is bounded to the east by the East China Sea.
Shanghai is a popular tourist destination renowned for its historical landmarks such as The Bund, City God Temple and Yu Garden as well as the extensive Lujiazui skyline, many skyscrapers, and major museums including the Shanghai Museum and the China Art Museum. It has been described as the “showpiece” of the booming economy of mainland China.
Here we put several useful link for you to explore more about Shanghai:
It seems Shanghai is the most popular city for au pair’s destination in China cause of its modernization and advance among all Chinese cities. Though we would point out some benefits and drawbacks the au pair may face when you are in Shanghai.
- Well-built infrastructure and transportation in the city,
- Multiple travelling spot in and near the city,
- Advance of internationalization, with nearly all bilingual signs in the city
- Multiple school choices (lots of universities and mandarin schools)
- Fine air (the air quality in Shanghai is fairly fine among all Chinese cities)
- Huge landscape of the city may cause you inconvenience on city travelling (commuting)
- Higher daily cost on travelling, food and such etc.
Well, if you have some questions of your au pair trip to China, please read our blogs to search more info about the program, also you are welcomed to email us at [email protected]